SIM card Services and new software release
If you are ready to update the firmware, let’s start with something small, but very important here:
- Check Apple App Store or Google Play store to make sure you have the LATEST version installed on your smartphone. The latest version is 1.5.6
- Let’s find out which cloud version you do use. Open monimoto app and go to SETTINGS tab. If you see SIM card menu, it means your device is using monimoto cloud V2 and firmware update is not mandatory and just recommended.
- If you CAN NOT see SIM card menu, it means your device still runs on monimoto cloud V1.
- You may also see [V1] or [V2] on the bottom of settings tab.
- Make sure your SIM card has not expired and deactivated!
- Important! If your SIM is deactivated AND device is on V1 you will not be able to finish new setup without our help. Contact monimoto support straight from app and we will temporarily activate your SIM card.
- If you had older than 0.10.5.61 firmware and updated cloud version from V1 to V2, you will have to delete device from the Monimoto app device list and add it back again.
- Once the firmware is version 0.10.5.61 or higher, it automatically applies to the new cloud [V2].
- We recommend replacing Monimoto device batteries to the new ones as this will save time in the future.