Frequently asked questions
- DIY system – almost no technical knowledge is required from you! You will not need to do any wiring, nor have any special tools. All you need to do is setup your Device using the Monimoto App and attach it to your motorcycle.
- You do not need to recharge the batteries every 2 weeks. Monimoto primary batteries last for a very long. Depending on the brand of the batteries, they should easily last over a year (the same pair of batteries).
- Monimoto also has an international SIM card inside that works in United States and Canada.
- Monimoto doesn’t drain your motorcycle’s 12V or 6V battery. Your bike is guaranteed to start. Monimoto will never breach your bike warranty.
- Device calls your mobile phone in one minute to notify you of the unauthorized vehicle use. You will be notified immediately, where other trackers just send text messages or emails, which nowadays can be left ignored. On the other hand, most react to a phone call.
Also let’s take this example: Bruno has an adventure bike that he travels with and a cafe racer that he built himself. He bought two Monimoto Devices and put each one of them into one of his vehicles to protect them. Given that he is the only owner of two vehicles, he can pair all of his Devices with his smartphone and only one of the Keys. Then, whichever vehicle he is using – both Devices are ready to report a theft in case it occurs. Bruno will receive all notifications in one place.
- If you want to lend your vehicle and want it to remain protected – give your Monimoto-equipped motorcycle and the Monimoto Key to a friend. This way, the vehicle remains protected. If an alarm is activated, you will receive a call and push notifications to your phone.
- If you only give your Monimoto-equipped vehicle to a friend without a Key – you can send Monimoto to sleep for up to 24 hours. This way, however, it will not remain protected for 24 hours as it will not be looking for motion while the Device is in sleep mode. When the sleep period ends – you will receive a notification with current Monimoto coordinates.
- If you only give your Monimoto-equipped vehicle to a friend without a Key, you can constantly get locations in 5 or 30 min periods. Battery will be consumed on average in 2-7 days in this mode, depending on whether the Device is moving or idle.
Monimoto Key is not supposed to be used as a key chain and should be kept separate from your motorcycle keys. This way, if your keys are stolen or lost – you will not need to fear that your motorcycle can be stolen without any notifications. We recommend that you keep your Monimoto Key in the pocket of your motorcycle jacket or trousers, and keep it away from contact with water, as it is not waterproof.
Tip: If you keep the vehicle close to your house, less than 50 meters away (160 ft) – make sure that the Key and the Device does not retain the connection between each other. If they do – alarm will not start until the bike is taken away, out of the Key & Device reception zone. If your bike is kept outside and the Key is inside, the reception zone can vary from few meters to 30 meters (100 ft), depending on the walls and other concrete objects. Only in rare occasions the Key can connect to Monimoto Device at more than 15 meters (50 ft) distance, as walls or windows limit the Bluetooth signal significantly.
When pairing Monimoto Device with a new Key that is already paired with another Device – it’s important to make sure that you only have that one Monimoto Device within Bluetooth range at that moment. Otherwise, you can not add the same Key to the other Monimoto Device.
If you need to use Monimoto in any other location where our SIM card does not work but GSM service is available – you might need to use a different SIM card in Monimoto.
Supported countries: United States and Canada.
Currently, the payment functionality is not implemented in our App so you can continue to use it for free. Once it is ready – we will inform all users by push notifications, most likely in 2018 Q3.
- Our SIM card works with at least two GSM operators in each country (up to six operators in some countries). This guarantees continuous GSM network coverage throughout the entire country territory.
- With our SIM card, you will be notified before the account is empty so you can top it up in time. We will not be able to do that with other cards.
- Our SIM card has APN settings sorted while others might require you to enter APN details during the pairing process.
Monimoto SIM card is only meant to be used in the Monimoto Device, therefore it will be blocked automatically once it tries to register from a smartphone. You will need to contact us if that happens so we can unblock it for you. Please note that charges will apply for the unblocking procedure!
Alarm Mode is the main factor that drains the battery. With this in mind – you don’t want to have many false alarms. In other words, avoid moving the Monimoto when the Key is away. New batteries are enough for up to 500 location notifications.
In general, any kind of motion or vibration drains the Key battery. While riding a motorcycle, the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is next to Monimoto. While the motorcycle is parked the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is outside of the range of the Monimoto. This suggests that carrying the Key with you at all times is not efficient, and that is true. However, we do not recommend leaving the Key next to your motorcycle either as that will leave the motorcycle unprotected.
Easiest way to get most recent battery level is to connect to Device via app in Settings tab. Once you connect – battery is checked and the latest level in is shown.
You can also check the red LED on the device. If it is blinking one long flash every second – the battery is very low.
IMPORTANT: You must not use rechargeable batteries if you find any for sale at all. They have a different electrical parameters and we cannot guarantee that Monimoto will work properly, nor that the correct battery level will be displayed.
Also – do not use new and old batteries together as this will lead to the false battery level indication in the app.
Monimoto does not work with Android Marshmallow 6.0. More about this issue can be found here.
You can find more answers on our dedicated Monimoto support website.
Also have a look at our User Manual that is supposed to answer all your questions about the product and help you resolve any issues.